Today, Netgear announced a variety of new products.
First up was Vue Zone, a camera that fits in the palm of the hand and is mounted magnetically to a surface. It provides video surveillance straight to the user?s phone (it has iOS and Android compatibility, as well as web browser viewing). The cameras are completely wireless; they are powered by batteries with a six month lifespan. Users can add new cameras with one touch sync.
The cameras come in three models.
Next up was Push2TV. Push2TV is a tiny device that allows users to wireless display content on a smartphone, tablet, or phone onto a TV. It can display content in up to 1080p resolution and with surround sound.
Netgear then introduced a new range extender, the WN3500RP.
The WN3500RP plugs straight into an outlet, and provides a variety of features listed below:
- Extend Dual Band WiFi ? Simultaneous dual band provides best coverage for devices like laptops, Blu-ray players, smart TVs, smartphones and more
- Wireless Audio ? Wirelessly stream music to speakers connected to the WiFi extender
- Wireless Printing ? Wirelessly print to any USB printer connected to the WiFi extender
- One (1) Port ? Enables connection of a wired Ethernet device to the wireless network
- FastLane? Technology ? Offers maximum WiFi performance for streaming videos and gaming by using both WiFi bands
- Plug-and-play ? Sets up in minutes, no need to insert a CD or plug in Ethernet cables
- Secure Setup ? Push ?N? Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup® (WPS) connects computers and routers to the Extender quickly and securely
- Flexible placement ? Use as wall plug or with the docking station
- Optimal Coverage ? Link-rate LED locates the best placement spot to provide optimal wireless coverage
- Compatible ? Extends range of any standard single or dual band WiFi router or service provider gateway like Belkin®, Linksys®, D-Link®, AT&T?, 2Wire®, Verizon, EarthLink®, NETGEAR® and others
- Superior Security ? Works with all security standards including WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, mixed mode and WEP
- NETGEAR Green features ? Power on/off button, 80% recycled packaging
Netgear also announced the D6200 Modem/Router, the first ever 802.11ac modem. It has the following features:
- Built-in ADSL2+ Modem
- Next generation WiFi?300+867 Mbps? speeds
- Ideal for current & future WiFi devices
- ReadySHARE® Cloud**?Remote access to USB hard drive
- Gigabit WAN?Future-proof your network with support for cable/fiber broadband
Finally, they announced NeoTV MAX and NeoTV PRIME. NeoTV Max provides a fully featured SmartTV experience, converting a normal TV into a SmartTV. It also includes built in SlingPlayer to play recorded media anywhere.
NeoTV PRIME comes with Google TV. It learns what types of shows you like to watch and makes recommendations. It also allows for integration of web services and browsing experience.