Months of rumors, speculations and leaked photos have finally come to an end with the company officially unveiling their 5.9-inch phablet variant of the flagship One. Truly, dimensions aside, One max keeps most of the innards familiar from the One.
Though some rumors have suggested
One max could be using the ‘old’ Snapdragon S4, we are happy to report that is not the case. Though not exactly the most powerful solution from Qualcomm either, the Snapdragon 600 (APQ8064T) with four Krait 300 CPU cores at 1.7GHz and Adreno 320 GPU still packs a punch. Less than the Galaxy Note 3 or Xperia Z Ultra with the Snapdragon 800, mind you. One max also has the similar 4MP UltraPixel camera (for some reason without the OIS system), 2GB of RAM, as well as 16/32GB of storage (microSD expandable). Design wise, lines are more than familiar, though there are some additions.
Back cover is removable, but the access to the 3300mAh battery is still restricted - it merely hides the microSIM and microSD slots. Another difference is the fingerprint sensor found on the back, just below the camera lens. According to the info available, user will be able to swipe the finger to unlock the device, but not much else functionality-wise is revealed during writing of the article:
Sharp eye could also notice a certain detail on the shell of the device. While some of the earlier leaked photos of the unit still had the Beats Audio branding on the back side, it is gone now, as both companies ended their partnership recently (with Beats buying back the final 25 percent stake that HTC had).
On the software side of things, HTC One max runs on Android 4.3 with Sense 5.5 UI. Unit should launch in the UK market first (later this week), with the rest of European and Asian markets to follow. In the U.S. t is expected for holiday season on Verizon and Sprint. • Size:
164.5 x 82.5 x 10.29mm • Weight:
217g • Display:
5.9-inch Full HD 1080p • CPU:
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600, 1.7GHz quad-core CPU • Platform:
Android 4.3 with HTC Sense 5.5, HTC BlinkFeed • Storage:
16/32GB with microSD expandability (up to 64GB supported, card not included) Approx. 10GB available on 16GB version, 25GB on 32GB version • RAM:
• Networks: 2G/2.5G GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz • 3G UMTS/HSPA: EMEA: 900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps Asia: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps Sprint: 1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 14.4 Mbps Verizon: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 14.4 Mbps • 3G CDMA: Sprint/Verizon: 800/1900 MHz • 4G LTE: EMEA: 800/900/1800/2600 MHz Asia: 900/1800/2100/2600 MHz Sprint: 1900 MHz Verizon: 700 MHz
• SIM: microSIM
• Sensors: Gyro sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Fingerprint scanner
• Connectivity: 3.5 mm stereo audio jack • NFC • Bluetooth® 4.0 with aptX™ enabled • WiDFi®: IEEE 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n • DLNA® for wirelessly streaming media from the phone to a compatible TV or computer • HTC Connect™ • Support consumer infrared remote control • microDUSB 2.0 (5Dpin) port with mobile high Ddefinition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection (Special cable required for HDMI connection.)
• Sound: HTC BoomSound Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers Sense Voice
• GPS: GPS/AGPS, Digital Compass
• Camera: HTC UltraPixel Camera
• BSI sensor, Pixel size 2.0 µm, Sensor size 1/3"
• Dedicated HTC ImageChip™ 2
• f/2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens
• Smart Flash: Five levels of flash automatically set by distance to subject
• 1080p Full HD video recording with HDR video
• Front Camera: 2.1 MP, 88° wide angle lens with HDR capability
• Front Camera: 1080p Full HD video recording.
• HTC Zoe™ with Sequence Shot, Always Smile and Object Removal
• Gallery with Video Highlights and HTC Share
• Continuous shooting and VideoPic Slow motion video recording with variable speed playback
• MultimediaAudio supported formats: Playback: .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, wma (Windows Media Audio 9) Recording: .amr Video supported formats: Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3) Recording: .mp4
• Battery: Embedded rechargeable Li-polymer battery, 3300mAh Talk time: Up to 25 hours for WCDMA, Up to 28 hours for CDMA Standby time: Up to 585 hours for WCDMA, Up to 393 hours for CDMA
• AC Adapter: Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240V AC, 50/60 Hz DC output: 5V and 1.5A
© 2009 - 2014 Bright Side Of News*, All rights reserved.