Today we are taking a look at the Fractal Design Node 605. The Node 605 is designed as a quiet, high quality, large form factor HTPC chassis. It can house a full ATX motherboard, and graphics cards up to 280mm (~11 inches) in length.
Specifications are as follows:
- ATX, microATX, Mini ITX, DTX motherboard compatibility
- 7 expansion slots
- 4 - supports either 2.5" or 3.5" HDD / SSD
- 1 slim-line ODD (only supported with mATX or smaller motherboards)
- PSU compatibility: 180 mm (including any modular connectors) with both hard drive cages mounted or 190 mm (excluding cables and any modular connectors) with one hard drive cage mounted
- CPU cooler compatibility: Approx 125mm with side-mounted fans - For coolers with top-mounted fans, Fractal Design recommends that you add at least 30 mm clearance for decent airflow
- Case dimensions (W x H x D): 445 x 164 x 349 mm (excluding front panel - 440 x 162 x 341 mm)
- Net weight: 6.0 kg
- Up to 5 fans (3 - 120mm + 2 - 80mm)
- 2 – 120mm Silent Series R2 fans included
- Removable air filters for side fans and PSU
- Integrated three-channel fan controller
The chassis is all black brushed aluminum, giving it quite a stylish appearance. It would fit quite well in any high end home theater system, at least speaking from an aesthetics standpoint. To access the I/O ports, one simply flips out the front panel door, providing access to the optional slim optical drive bay, a Firewire port, 2 USB 3.0 ports, a headphone jack, a microphone jack, and a card reader that supports MicroSD, compact flash, and standard SD cards.
© 2009 - 2013 Bright Side Of News*, All rights reserved.